1. Pursuant to DepEd Memorandum No. 082, s. 2015, “Guidelines in the Implementation of School-Based Immunization” and DepEd Memorandum 173, s. 2017, “Inclusion of Human Papilloma Virus Vaccination in the School-Based Immunization”, all elementary and secondary public schools are hereby instructed to support the implementation in partnership with the Department of Health and the Department of Interior and Local Government which will be held from August to September 2019.
2. In addition, as empowered by Deped Memorandum No. 047, s. 2019, “Measles Outbreak Response and Prevention of Transmission in Schools” and OUA Memo 08-0519-0181, “Advisory on the Continuation of Measles Outbreak Vaccination and Implementation of School-Based Immunization Program (SBIIP), all learners from Kindergarten to Grade VII shall be administered with measles vaccine.
3. Relative to this, the field is instructed to distribute parental consent forms for measles vaccination from Kindergarten to Grade VII pupils. In addition, all Grade I pupils, 9-13 years old female school children enrolled in Grade IV, and all Grade VII students should be given another parental consent forms for MR-Td and I-IPV vaccines. Parental consent must be secured prior to the conduct of the vaccination. Attached in this memorandum are the consent forms.
4. The masterlists must be accomplished after retrieval of parental consent forms and must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 23, 2019.
5. Attached are copies of the said memoranda for your reference.
6. For your information and guidance, immediate dissemination and compliance.