1. In conformity with DepEd Memorandum OM-PHRODFO No. 00970 s. 2019, this Office, through the Health and Nutrition Unit of the School Governance and Operations Division (SGOD) informs all division and school officials and personnel of the serious health risks posed by vaping, which refers to the use of electronic cigarettes, to users and those around them.
2. In view of the foregoing, all division office and school officials and personnel are reminded to observe the absolute ban on the distribution, sale, offering, and use of e-cigarette and tobacco products in DepEd premises and DepEd activities.
3. School authorities and teachers shall inform learners about the dangers of vaping and cigarette smoking through curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities.
4. Other details relative to the ban on any form of advertising and promotion of ENDS/ENNDS and tobacco smoking ban in schools and DepEd Offices are provided in the attached enclosures.
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Memorandum is directed.