1. In compliance with the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000 (Republic Act No. 9003), and City Ordinance No. 03-S-2012 entitled Ordinance Regulating the Use of Plastic Bags and Styrofoam in the City of Dasmariñas, the field is hereby informed of the Division policy regulating the use of plastic products in all schools and offices in the City Schools Division of Dasmariñas effective immediately.
2. The policy aims to reduce the volume of garbage especially plastic generated in the daily operations and other activities both at the school and Division level. All students, teachers, and DepEd personnel are hereby directed to refrain from using disposable plastic containers/utensils, including single-use plastic bottles/cups, plastic bags/cellophanes, polystyrene containers (Styrofoam), and other plastic materials as food containers or wrappers, and all shall set an example by using re-usable utensils, tumblers, and food containers.
3. The School shall organize a monitoring and evaluation team, including select Science Teachers, Supreme Pupil Government/ Supreme Student Government, and Youth for Environment in Schools Organization YES-O).
4. The implementation of the policy shall also be monitored by the Division Youth Formation Coordinators and Core Volunteers.
5. All Division Orders and other related issuances, rules, regulations and provisions, which are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed, rescinded, or modified accordingly.
6. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.