1. Amidst the challenges brought forth by COVID-19, the Department of Education (DepEd) is dedicated to its commitment in ensuring safe educational continuity among learners. Learning opportunities must be provided to give courage and to aid them for their development in this time of pandemic. In the delivery of these opportunities, the health and safety of our learners and DepEd personnel are of utmost importance.
2. On June 25, 2020, the Department issued DepEd Order 14, s. 2020, titled Guidelines on the Required Health Standards in Basic Education Offices and Schools. In the said order, it was emphasized that all offices and all public and private elementary and secondary schools are mandated to adopt the guidelines on the required health standards and implement the specific interventions for COVID-19 mitigation.
3. For the guidance of all learners, teachers, and non-teaching personnel nationwide, DepEd crafted the enclosed Guidelines on the Required Health Standards in Basic Education Offices and Schools (Enclosure 1). The specific measures for COVID-19 mitigation in schools and offices are detailed in Enclosure No. 2 and No. 3, respectively.
4. Hence, this Office reiterates that all policy directives and measures contained in DepEd Order No. 014, s. 2020 are sustained.
5. Attached is a copy of DepEd Order No. 014, s. 2020.
6. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Memorandum is desired.