1. DepEd Order No. 07, s. 2019 re: “Implementing Guidelines on the School Calendar for School Year 2019 – 2020” indicates that make – up classes are recommended in lieu of class cancellations due to celebrations and holidays, as well as natural, man – made calamities, and other unexpected class suspensions for the purpose of ensuring quality in the school operations, actual teaching – learning and monitoring purposes.
2. In this light, the field is hereby informed that make – up classes will be conducted in six (6) consecutive Saturdays, January 11, 18, February 1, 8, 22, 29, 2020. The conduct of make – up classes will compensate the class suspension due to tropical depressions hit CALABARZON area and the local and national holidays.
3. The physical presence of school heads in schools shall also be enforced while public schools district supervisors shall strictly monitor the effective and efficient conduct of the six- day make – up classes.
4. Private schools may deviate from the above stated schedule. However, concerned schools should device mechanism for having make – up classes and shall notify the Division Office regarding any deviation from the given schedule.
5. Mechanism for the conduct of classes must be agreed upon by the school heads and the Parent Teacher Association. In this regard, the school may issue a memorandum to announce and inform all concerned about the conduct of make-up classes.
6. Moreover, Third Periodic Test shall be scheduled on January 23 -24, 2020.
7. All concerned are directed to adhere to the content of this Memorandum.